A quick, confidential and cost-effective service provided by the Malabar Chamber of Commerce for its members, Mediation is an amicable way to resolve commercial disputes. By using this service, business relations can be preserved while being able to hold a fair amount of control over the outcome.
List of FAQs
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a process by which a dispute between two parties is amicably resolved with the involvement of a third party (The Mediator) that has no decision making authority.
Mediation is a hassle-free process preferred by many, due to the following advantages:
- It’s confidential
- It’s informal
- It’s quick
- It is a great way to keep relations amicable even with the conflict.
What is the role of a mediator?
The Mediator is an intermediary who shall remain impartial and help a couple of disputed parties in finding a fair and optimal solution for their conflict. The Mediator facilitates amicable communication and ensures a quick and easy problem resolving process.
When is Mediation Suitable?
Mediation services can be availed when:
- The dispute is commercial based
- At least one of the parties involved is a member of the Malabar Chamber of Commerce.
- The dispute is free from any ongoing Litigation or Arbitration processes.
- The dispute does not fall under any other authority.
- The complaint received should be against a company or establishment.
What is the checklist for documents?
The documents required are copies of:
- Statement of account
- Performa Invoice
- Purchase Order
- Delivery Note